Fresco Dogs with Grilled Corn and Tomatillo salsa
Featuring: Nathan’s Famous® hot dog buns
Ready in: 15 minutes
4 Nathan’s Famous® hot dog buns
from Cobblestone Bread Co.
4 Nathan’s Famous® Franks
2 ears of corn
4 tomatillos, husked
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 small white onion, quartered
1 small serrano pepper, stem removed
1 Tbps lime juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup queso fresco crumbles
salt and pepper
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the tomatillos, garlic, onion, and jalapeno with a bit of salt and pepper and olive oil. Toss to coat evenly. Grill the vegetables over high heat for 6-8 minutes turning often OR broil vegetables on a sheet tray and for 4-5 minutes, stir and flip the vegetables and broil for another 4-5 minutes.
2. Using a food processor, add the grilled or roasted vegetables, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, cilantro and a bit of salt and pepper and blend for 2 minutes or until finely chopped.
3. Brush a bit of olive oil over the surface of the corn and add a bit of salt and pepper. Grill for 7-8 minutes turning often. Once finished, cut the kernel from the corn into a large bowl and reserve.
4. Grill the hot dogs to desired doneness and slightly toast the buns.
5. To assemble, add some shredded lettuce to the bottom of the bun and then the hotdog. Add some of the charred corn kernels and queso fresco crumbles. Finish with the tomatillo salsa over the top and serve.